Medical tourism refers to people travelling to a country to obtain health improving or regain the physical and mental health of the patient more than 24-hours and less than one year.
IPD is a department in the hospital that its duty is to provide the necessary coordination in all of the diagnostic and medical services to the foreign patients with VIP services.
A foreign person who has come to the hospital to receive the diagnostic and medical services. A strategy that has been considered in other developed countries in the field of medical tourism is starting up the reception of the international patient department (IPD) in the hospital that is accepted and approved as an appropriate strategy in the international level . IPD is a kind of channel between the foreign patients and all other wards of the hospital, and the examination, diagnosis and treatment processes get down in the patients comfort room and their companions in the VIP rooms of the hospital.
General goals of IPD department
- Supervising on the providing of the high quality services.
- Supervising under providing the services with observing the whole standards of medical ethics, using the modern technology, having responsibility and observing the principles and professional rules in their health centers.
- The IPD expert's tasks are coordination with the admission unit, coordination with the IPD physician for the first visit, setting the attending physician ,coordination with the discharge units to estimate the cost of treatment, coordination with the facilitator company, coordination with the group in order to follow-up the patients and provide better non-medical services.
- The IPD physician is in charge of following- up all the medical services related to the patients by IPD.
- The international patients refer to the hospital directly or are covered by a travel agency and after welcoming and receiving the medical documents, the patient's reception would be done by the guidance and accompanying of the IPD expert, that for providing the faster and more qualified services, the patient's appointment would be done out of regular and immediately after the patient's reception, the physician would be attended on the patient's bed and would start the treatment process.
The most important activities in IPD
- Consultation with the IPD physician.
- Announcing the latest medical technologies to the patient.
- Providing the communication and receiving the patient's file before travelling.
- Private VIP rooms.
- Accessing to the translator or interpreter.
- High -speed internet access.
- Open menu restaurant.
- Safe public and airport transportation.
- Coordination with the hotel with easy access to the hospital.
- Providing the summary of the patient's medical file and the bill of the hospital in English at the time of discharge.
- Possibility to communicate with the physician after the discharge and monitoring the recovery.
Medical tourism: Medical tourism refers to people travelling to a country to obtain health improving or regain the physical and mental health of the patient more than 24-hours and less than one year.